This is a special Technology posting from the Tucson Food Guy...
Lately I have been using both a Samsung Chromebook and a Samsung Ativ Tablet PC... I like them both. Actually I like the Chromebook better. But my go to for now is going to be the Tablet PC...
I look forward to the day when the Chromebook will be my only travel computer, but that is a bit off. Here is what needs to happen...
1) Support for GoToMeeting. Kiwanis uses GotoMeeting for a lot of webinars and also for our District Board meetings. Chromebook can not run GotoMeeting right now. Run it and your closer to my business.
2) Tablet - I like having the tablet with the Keyboard dock of the Ativ... If and when Chromebook goes to Tablet form which rumors say could happen and they have a proper keyboard dock then I would get it.
The only computer I left off which I did have was the Microsoft Surface Pro... It was too heavy... The Ativ does everything the surface pro did but less weight. Come on MS... You can do better.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Well I love Pho. It is such a wonderful dish. I never really thought I could love Soup for a meal, as it was always a side. But Pho is so different. This Vietnamese dish is a simple and wonderful meal.
I get Pho whenever I can. I usually like Dao's Pho here in Tucson. They make the best. I will review Dao in another entry.
So what is Pho. Well it is a soup. The base of the soup is a beef broth. They cook it with Vietnamese spices. They use Rice Noodles. I get it with Tripe, Meatballs, and Beef. You can have it with any protein you want. They also serve it with Jalapenos, Thai Basil, and other veggies.
When I get in the mood for it I order in or go to my local Vietmenese restaurnat. I live in a University city so I have many of them. But for my readers who may not live close to one I have an alternative...
1) Buy a good Pho base. I use one that I get on Amazon and I included the link below. Make according to the directions
2) Add the protein and cook until just about done.
3) Add the rice noodles and cook until tender.
4) Get some Asian Veggies like Sprouts and some Chilis.
5) Add a good Vietnamese hot sauce to your liking.
Now you can make Pho anytime you like.
And for those less adventurous I also included a Ready to Eat Version for you to look at...
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Welcome back. So you might see that we have reset and restarted the blog. We are going back to our roots, a Food Blog...
Stuffed Pork Chop at Tool Shed in Des Moines.
Being a food blogger is important to me. I love food. The science of food, how food is made and why people eat what they do. I love food anthropology, food history, food preparation, and most importantly food eating.
So let's share some stories with each other. The blog will have some information about Tucson food joints. Some recipes that I personally like, some food history and cultural things.
If you are looking for my tech ramblings I will be featuring them on another site, TechToyGuy.com.
Also coming soon will be a new blog, podcast, etc. where me and one of my buddies will talk about all things Guys... More details will be forthcoming.
In the meantime, Welcome back, Glad you found us and as always I am The Tucson Food Guy... Foodie, Blogger, Social Media and Tech Guru, Activist, and Friend!!!